Sunday, February 1, 2009

Remi Eats Dirt

Remi has discovered dirt. It's messy. She can claw it and make little holes. In short, it's really fun. Unfortunately, the fun doesn't stop there. After she claws it all up there is, of course, the mouth. Everything to the mouth.

So when she discovered dirt, I let her play in it. I kept an eye on her, knowing the mouth part would come to fruition, but I let her explore until those little hands started their migration up. Then the fun was over. Of course the hands made contact before I did.

So then I had to swipe the dirt out of her mouth. And it turns out, the dirt wouldn't come off with a cloth, so then I had to get a bath ready, all the while trying to keep her dirty hands out of her mouth. And then I saw that she had dirt in her eye, so I had to get that out. And then I had to drain the bath and wash her again in clean water, because there was so much dirt. And I had to scrub her finger nails.

In short, I made a lot of work for myself. But I can't say I regret it. She had fun. No harm done. Her next plan is to conquer sand.

No comments: